Thursday, March 28, 2013

Reconnecting...

Today was a half day at school for students. My own kids went home with friends and my husband and I worked all afternoon. Afterwards, we were going to go home, but some people persuaded us to go out for a drink. Wow, is all I can say. There is something lovely about abandoning your responsibilities for a few hours and just having it be the two of you. It's been a while. Clearly, we need to make this happen more often. I remembered how much fun I have with my husband, and how much he makes me laugh and the little inside jokes we share.

I definitely want to remember that feeling when life presses in around us.

4 comments:

  1. Sigh, I haven't taken time for my husband lately. It seems that school is always more pressing. Next week is spring break, we need to find time for some fun. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. We went out for drinks last....um....month and we had so much fun. I know a month is a long time, but before that it had been YEARS since we last spent alone time together. Plan another outing and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great. I am jealous! I will have to take your advice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got to have a little fun and enjoy each other! And yeah, you definitely need to do it more often!

    ReplyDelete